If you are headed to or from the Smoky Mountains’ most spectacularly beautiful destination, Cades Cove, you’ll want to soak up every aspect! But what all is there to do in Cades Cove, TN?
There are opportunities year-round to enjoy this popular destination! First, you'll certainly want to stop by Apple Valley to pick up a guidebook and a map of the area before you venture in so that you are well-prepared for these exciting things to do during your adventure:
- Explore the hiking trails. Whether you are exploring with the family or on your own, there are a number of trails to choose from ranging from the most popular, which is a 5 mile hike along Abrams Creek, to shorter options like Cades Cove Nature Trail.
- Visit a museum. The Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center is a perfect place to view historic treasures, preserved heirlooms, and artifacts in the Cades Cove Museum.
- Enjoy a bus tour. Sit back, relax and soak up the scenery and wildlife on a fully guided 3-4 hour bus tour led by experienced and friendly Cades Cove Heritage Tours guides.
- Drive the Cades Cove loop. If you prefer to travel the 11-mile loop on your own, you’ll have the opportunity to view the stunning mountains, rolling greens, and meadows filled with wildflowers. Perhaps you’ll even see some of the local wildlife, including bears, hogs, deer, turkeys and more!
- Go fishing. The Little River has a number of places to pull off and try your hand at trout fishing! These areas allow easy access to the water as well.
- Eat, drink, and be merry. Cades Cove Cellars is a great place to stop in and try out a selection of wines made on-site. But if you’re more of a beer lover, stop into Apple Valley Cafe Express for a cold one and don’t forget to try out Townsend’s Best Burger & Toppings Bar while you’re there!
- Shop ‘til you drop. The Townsend Visitors Center offers some great souvenirs to complete your trip. Apple Valley Stores also has a variety of merchandise to capture the spirit of the Smoky Mountains and take a bit of fun home with you, from t-shirts to books and much, MUCH more!
However you spend your time exploring Cades Cove, be prepared to take a leisurely approach and enjoy this beautiful place so you can take it all in!
To learn more about Cades Cove, stop by Apple Valley Stores for free information, and visit the National Park Service website to make sure trails are open before planning your journey. Happy trails to you!